"Success comes to those who practice"
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
Before attempting any practice, make sure to read the instructions provided in our Usage Policy.
Listen to the audio version here
As we wrap up the second week of The Yoga Summit, we'll enjoy another practice together. This is a full 70-minute class, appropriate for anyone with a little yoga experience!
Join Nicole Vahlkamp, host of The Yoga Summit, for a traditional hatha-yoga class following the Sivananda sequence, created by the 20th century hatha yoga master Swami Vishnudevananda and named for his teacher, Swami Sivananda.
In this class, you will practice
- Beginning relaxation-Savasana
- Sun Salutations (20-minute warmup)
- Single & double leg lifts to stretch the hamstrings and strengthen the abdomen
- Shoulderstand-Sarvangasana with a legs-up-the-wall variation for anyone with head, neck, or shoulder pain or issues
- Bridge pose
- Fish pose-Matsyasana
- Seated Forward Bend-Paschimottanasana
- Cobra pose- Bhujangasana
- Half locust pose-Ardha Salabhasana-
- Full locust pose-Salabhasana for those who want more of a challenge!
- Camel pose-Ustrasana
- Spinal twist-Ardha Matsyendrasna
- Standing Forward Bend-Pada Hasthasana
- Tree pose
- Triangle pose-Trikonasana
- Short final relaxation-Savasana You are welcome to continue in this final pose a for as long as you'd like! It is recommended to enjoy savasana for at least 10-15 minutes at the end of any asana practice; however, in this class it's a bit shorter.
Want more from The Yoga Summit?
Upgrade to receive The Yoga Summit's full 5-hour Five Points of Yoga Course taught by Nicole Vahlkamp, Esther Ekhart, and James Reeves.
Get Your Premium Pass Now!
Today's practice is a part of the 5-Points of Yoga Course brought to you by Nicole Vahlkamp and